Polish admission to CEPT
Fischer 3166 | Michel 3314 | Scott 3015 | Year of issue 1991 | Republic of Poland
Presidential palace with the statue of Józef Poniatowski in Warsaw
The European Conference of Postal and Telecommunications Administrations (CEPT) was established on 26 June 1959 as a coordinating body for European state telecommunications and postal organizations. The acronym comes from the French version of its name Conférence Européenne des administrations des Postes et des Télécommunications.
Poland became eligible for membership of CEPT and joined in 1990. With the admission of Hungary, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Bulgaria and Romania and with the unification of Germany, the population of CEPT membership countries increased 25%.
The Europa CEPT stamps were issued until 1992. They were replaced by Europa postage stamps (without the addition of CEPT) as an annual joint issue of stamps with a common design or theme by postal administrations member of the European Communities (1956-1959), the European Conference of Postal and Telecommunications Administrations (CEPT from 1960 to 1992), then the PostEurop Association since 1993.
The neoclassical palace is also called the Radziwiłł palace. In the 17th century, the palace was property of the Radziwiłł family.
Przyjęcie do CEPT = Admission to CEPT.
Urząd Rady Ministrów / Pałac Radziwiłłów = Office of the council of ministers / Radziwiłł palace.
Find other Polish Europa issues
First Day Cover